Friday, October 31, 2008

Alabama

It's 6 a.m. and I just got home from one of the best nights I've had in months. If any of you that read this talk to me or see me on a daily basis you've probably heard me talk unenthusiastically about my day and how I've been. I haven't been having bad days I guess I just haven't been having the best of days. Lately I've felt like a zombie, an irritated one at best. And i promise you its not just because of the holidays. The daily routine of waking up, going to school, then work, then home, then sleep, has got me in a bit of a rut and I've been looking for the time and opportunity to break away from everything if only for a few hours. Tonight, or last night I was able to do so.
It all started when I got off work and was putting things in my car that Hunt said he was going to Huntsville to pick up his bike and see Peter. Peter is my ex-roomate/forever close friend that used to attend Watkins and now lives in Huntsville, AL. I asked if i could go along and surprise Pete and also just get out of town for a little while, and Hunt said of course. So 9 oclock rolls around and I get out of class and Hunt, April, and myself take off for the evening.
Since Pete didnt know we were coming and I really felt like surprising him, April and I decided we would get in the trunk before we pulled into his driveway and have him help Hunt move things from the backseat to the trunk so they could fit his bike in the car. Pete opened the trunk and I think it scared him a little bit, but it was a good scare. We got out, said hi to Pete's mom for a min then headed out for the night. We drove about 30 min to some mountain to go hiking, on the way got pulled over for a headlight out, make it to the place by the grace of God. Pete's car barely made it up the hill. We hiked by cell phone light for about 30 min then get to the top and look up and the sky was so clear, not a cloud in sight. I hadnt seen anything like that since July, kinda made me miss Indiana. Wherever we were was so perfect, not really sure if you could call it a mountain, maybe just a big hill but had the city on either side of it and we just sat and overlooked the city and talked and caught up for a couple hours and just tried to take it all in. Around 2:30 we decided to head back down and head to Krispi Kreme doughnuts to see if there were any left over doughnuts thrown out from the previous day...no luck there, the dumpsters were empty, but they sure did smell good. Pete took us back to our car, we said our goodbyes and headed home. Hunt drove a little ways, April slept the whole way, we stopped to get gas, then i drove the rest of the way. Seriously a great night. Just what I needed to feel somewhat normal again. I'm ready for the weekend and whatever it has in store for me. I'm sure I'll see a lot of people tonight. Happy Halloween everyone.

Tyler

1 comment:

dree said...

I'm glad you finally got a break Tyler, that sounds like a lovely night :)