Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Month of July-photo blog.

Greetings and salutations to all readers,

                  Today, I would like to share with you a slice of my summer, the month of July. This month I took a "leave of absence” from my life here in the United States. I did this to reconnect with my family, friends, and most of all Puerto Rican roots and culture. The time I spent there I did not check my email or any of my social networking sites and most of the time I did not answer my cell phone.

                  In order for you to be able to understand what a fantastic trip this was I have taken some photographs and explained what they are. Enjoy.


(This is the view from my dads apartment. I stayed here over looking the San Juan Bay.)

 (behind me stands an old Spanish fort built in 1539. I'm just dressed as an explorer.)


(Three generations of Vissepo's having a good time. My grandpa, dad and I.)

  

(The beach. Beautiful.)

   

(The rainforest .Me at the rainforest. Courtney- who came down to P.R. a few days after I did- and I take a picture at this touristy stop in the rainforest with the Chupacabras. Follow the link.  http://science.howstuffworks.com/chupacabra.htm.)

 

(the owner of the Spanish restaurant down the street from my dad's house. La Rosa De Triana.)


I am sure that from the pictures shown above you can conclude that I had a fabulous time in my home island and I did. However, now I am back in the major Nashville area working again and trying to get ready to start school.

Blessings.

Sincerely Yours 4ev-N-ev,

Jean-Michael Vissepo


No comments: